Valentines Day Makeup

13 February 2017

Recently I have been so obsessed with pink and burgundy eye makeup. I have always questioned pink eyeshadows in the past as I have never really been able to pull it off. However, I have found some gorgeous shades that are so wearable and make your eyes really stand out. I have been waiting until Valentines Day to do a post on this look as I think the colours fit perfectly with the occasion!



I am going to start with the eyes because they are the most exciting thing about this look!

First I primed my lids with the MAC Pro Longwear concealer in the shade NW20 and set that with the Laura Mercier Translucent powder. I swear by this step when it comes to doing my eye makeup as it creates a nice even base for your eye shadow.

Next I used the MAC shade Dark Brew from the Warm Neutrals palette, which is a chocolate shade with red undertones. I blended that along my crease with the MAC 224 brush. This brush is the perfect blending brush as it is so big and fluffy. I also applied this shade to my lower lash line. Next I used one of my favourite eye shadows by Makeup Geek, Bitten, which is the perfect cranberry shade. I have used this eyeshadow SO much, I love it. I blended it across my whole lid with the Beau Belle blending brush. I took my time with this stage as I wanted the two shades to be perfectly blended together. Next I went back to the MAC Warm Neutrals palette and used the shade Dance in the Dark, which is a very dark chocolate colour. I applied this with the Beau Belle pencil brush right into the outer corner of my eye to add depth. I then took my 224 brush again and blended this into Bitten.



Next, I took my MAC Pro Longwear concealer on the flat Beau Belle brush and did a cut crease half way along my lid. For this step you need quite a sharp flat brush to create a perfectly smooth line in the crease. I patted on a small amount of the Laura Mercier powder over the concealer to make sure it was set. I then used my new favourite palette, the Urban Decay Moondust palette. It is absolutely stunning. It has a range of bright glittery colours which are so pigmented! I will be doing a separate post on how much I love this palette as I could go on forever about it! I used the shade Element, which is a gorgeous rose pink shade, in the centre of my lid where I cut the crease. I sprayed some MAC Fix+ onto a flat eyeshadow brush and patted it on. I then took the pale pink shade Specter and applied this to the inner part of my lid. I made sure the colours were blended together nicely but didn't let them go over the cut crease.

I used the MAC pigment pot in the shade Tan in the inner corners and blended this up into the Specter colour and also half way along my lower lash line. Now, for some extra sparkle I used the pink Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter called Junkshow. I applied a small amount of the glittery gel over the Moondust eyeshadows. I then used the iridescent Heavy Metal glitter called Distortion in my inner corner over the Tan pigment. I totally recommend these glitters, they are just so eye catching and bring so much glam to a look.

I then used the Urban Decay black Razor Sharp Liquid liner to create a wing. Finally I added some wispy false lashes from MAC. These are the number 48 lashes and are very dramatic and have a mix of brown and black lashes so they blend nicely with your natural lashes.



Now for the face makeup!

For the foundation for this look I went with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in the shade 5.25. This foundation creates a lovely dewy and glowing finish, which is exactly how you want to look on Valentines Day! It just makes your skin look so flawless and youthful. For concealer I used the MAC Pro Longwear in the shade NW20 under my eyes and on my forehead. This concealer is perfect as it has great coverage and is really brightening. I set it in place with the Laura Mercier powder. I then used my favourite bronzing duo, which is the Soleil Tan de Chanel followed by the Tom Ford Soleil Bronzing Powder in the shade Terra. I know this is quite a pricey bronzing pair to have but, holy crap they are incredible. They make your skin glow and shine like nothing else! I then added a little bit of contour and highlight with the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette.


For my brows, of course I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in the shade medium brown. There's really no surprise there! I then set my brows with the Pixi Brow Tamer gel to keep them in place. I used the MAC Spice lip liner to outline my lips and then I the MAC matte lipstick in the shade Yash. I can't get enough of this lip duo at the moment, they are the perfect nude combination. I like how the Spice lip liner is darker and more pink than the Yash lipstick so they create almost an ombre effect when blended.

So, there is the complete look! I hope this Valentines Day look inspires you and gives you some ideas for your Valentines Day makeup. I am thinking about filming a tutorial for this look, so let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May X 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS