Prom 2015

13 July 2015

I have been so excited to write this post as I have been looking forward to prom more or less since the beginning of year 7. It was such an amazing night and I wish I could relive it all!

I got my dress in February from Pears Boutique in Durham, it is designed by Jovani. The dress could be made in 4 different colours; navy, black, pink or red. I decided to go for red as I thought it was something different to the usual champagne colour prom dresses and would stand out.


The back of the dress is what sold it for me. I had my heart set on a backless dress so I was over the moon when I found this! I thought it was so unusual and really stunning how the straps were at the back. I also really wanted a dress with some jewels but that wasn't covered in them, so this dress just ticked every box really.


I had my hair done at Redworth Hall Hotel. I decided that I definitely could not wear my hair down with this dress as it is so long that it would cover all the detail on the back. I also didn't want my hair in the classic 'prom style' that is curly and all pinned up in a bun as I personally think that is more of a wedding hairstyle. Plus everyone has their hair like that so I thought I would be different and go for a low pony tail with a middle parting. As for my make up I was debating weather to get it done at MAC, as it would save me stressing over doing it myself on the day, but I decided to trust myself and do it. I am really pleased I did as I was so happy with how it turned out and will be writing another post on how I did it very soon!


I got my bag from MCQ Alexander McQeen, it is metallic silver leather with a silver chain strap which can be worn at two differnt lengths. I used it as a clutch bag for prom and it went perfectly with my dress!


My prom shoes are from Carvela Kurt Geiger and I absolutely love them. When I saw them in the shop they instantly reminded me of Cinderella shoes! They were really comfortable considering the height and I know I will be able to wear them again as silver goes with most outfits. They went perfectly with the crystals on my dress and completed my prom outfit.

Prom was such an amazing experience and I wish I could relive it! Thank you for reading

Georgia May x

For more prom photos follow my personal instagram @georgiamayheads


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS