13 October 2014

Benefit's Lip and Cheek stains 

Left Lollitint, right Benetint

I recently purchased Benefit's lip and cheek stains along with the matching lip balms. The shades shown here are Benetint, which is a red and Lollitint which is a light pink. 

I have been using the products for about 3 weeks and I have found both good and bad aspects. Let's start with the good. I often use the stains on my lips and then apply either the matching balm or a lipstick of a similar colour over the top. For example, if I want to weat a dark lipstick I will apply benetint first as if the lipstick wears off during the day my lips will still have the colour from benetint. The stain lasts me all day from when I do my make up on a morning to taking it off on a night. 

I love the hydrating lip balms! I wrote about Lollibalm in my September Favorites post as it has really sorted out my dry lips problem. First of all they smell delicious, which I think is important when it comes to lip balms. They come in a wind up tube and are easy to apply. This will always be a product that I will keep in my hand bag and repurchase when it is used up. I have tried many lip balms as I get very bad dry lips around this time of year and these are my favorites so far. Definitely worth it!

Now, for the bad aspects. Personally I prefer my powder blushes as I think they are easier to apply as you can build up the desired tone. With the stains once you apply it there is no going back, as it is a stain (duh). Once applied to skin you must blend out very quickly with your fingers and it will just leave a bright pink/red line across your cheek if not. You apply it using the brush that is attatched to the lid (like a nail varnish brush). Also you are meant to apply this on top of your foundation, which I find strange. As I feel like when I am rubbing it in I am rubbing away my face make up. It definitely stays in place for the whole day though, which is good but however I just think they are too much of a nightmare to put on as if you go wrong (which is easily done with something that stains your face in 2 seconds) then you have ruined your make up. I have even tried applying the smallest amount and still benetint comes out bright red! In my opinion cream blushes and powder blushes are much easier as you don't have to worry about it going to dark and looking like a clown. A clown is definitely what I look like with the Benetint on as it is bright red and I don't think it compliments my skin tone. 

Personally I prefer lollitint to benetint as it is a lot lighter and I can build up the colour to how I want it. Where as because benetint is so dark it only takes a tiny bit and your cheek is stained bright red! Maybe this is just me, but I will stick to keeping the stains for my lips and using powder blush on my cheeks.

Any questions, feel free to contact me! 

Thanks for reading, open to comments! 
Georgia May x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS