Halloween Fortune Teller Look

1 November 2017

There is no doubt about it, Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year. I absolutely love getting dressed up and decorating the house to make it as festive as possible.

I didn't want to get fully dressed up on Saturday night, but I needed to do something in the spirit of Halloween. I decided to try out the fortune teller look which I have seen circulating Instagram and Pinterest lately.



I am going to start with my outfit.

I wore this gorgeous Motel Rocks Ariel sequin bodysuit which, I think was perfect for the look I was going for. The sequins even look a bit like the coins that fortune tellers have on their headscarves! I also thought that this bodysuit will come in perfect for around Christmas and New Year.

My trousers are from River Island. They are high waisted, 3/4 trousers with frills around the hem. I literally wear these trousers so much, they go with anything! They are also really comfortable.

My heeled sandals are from TopShop, which I have had for ages now. They never let me down on a night out!

I spent so long looking for a gypsy/fortune teller style headpiece and I finally found one in Claire's Accessories. I used to be obsessed with Claire's when I was younger but, I think the last time I was in there was when I was 10! This gold head chain was exactly what I was looking for. It is so pretty I kind of wish I could wear it on a daily basis.

My massive sparkly hoops are from Urban Outfitters, they are so extra but I actually really like them (I never thought I would be seen wearing hoops this big)!


Now onto eye makeup!

For this look, I used the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette. This palette is insane, to say the least. I would actually use every colour in this palette, which is very rare to find!

So, to create my fortune teller look I started with the colour Amber, which is a light peach, and I used this as my transition colour. I then went in with the gorgeous deep pink colour, Saffron. I took this on a tapered blending brush and applied it to my crease. This part took a long time as I kept applying and blending to make sure the colour was as intense as possible. Next, I used the colour Oud which is a dark brown with red undertones. I used this colour on a pencil brush and applied it to the outer corner and then blended it into Saffron.

Now for the glittery shades. From the palette, I used Cosmo which is a pink and gold pressed glitter. I lightly dusted this over where I had applied Saffron. I then applied Nefertiti and Angelic in the centre of my lid to create a spotlight effect. I would definitely recommend spraying your brush with MAC Fix+ to make the pigment more intense, as they are quite powdery. Then I used some gold glitter which I picked up in Claire's and added this on top of the spotlight to be even more dramatic and sparkly. I really wish I could use this glitter every day!

I did a wing with the NYX Matte Liquid Eyeliner and then finished the look with some Tatti Lashes. I used the 3D Mink TL3 lashes which are very dramatic and fluttery. I love these lashes as they are so easy to apply, come with glue and are reusable. I would definitely recommend!


The rest of my face:
Foundation - Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation 
Concealer - Urban Decay - Naked Skin
Bronzer - Tom Ford - Gold Dust
Contour & Highlight - Charlotte Tilbury - Filmstar Bronze & Glow
Blusher - Benefit - Rockateur
Powder - Laura Mercier - Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Brows - Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dip Brow - Medium Brown
Lip - Charlotte Tilbury - Glastonberry

Then I was all set for Halloween!

Thank you for reading,
Georgia May X

1 comment:

  1. Looking like total magic, this look is stunning on you babe! Really adore how you're rocking the Halloween vibes with such a gorgeous glitzy twist; that bodysuit is beautiful and the shoes and trousers go perfectly with it. Crushing so hard on your shimmering make-up too. Such a dazzling dream <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS