A Trip To York

5 November 2017

Recently, my family and I took a day trip to York and it made me feel so Autumnal and festive. The day consisted of lots of shopping, eating and sipping cocktails. All of my favourite things.



While walking from the train station we passed The Yorkshire Soap Company and I was drawn in by their amazing Autumnal window display. The shop was basically half Christmas and half Halloween (what more could you want?). It was so festive I loved it! 


Next, we wandered past Betty's Tearooms. You can't go to York without getting a treat from Betty's can you? The Halloween window display was shouting my name and my Dad and I got some little pumpkin and ghost cakes to take home. They were delicious as always. 



Finally, it was time for a cocktail break! We popped into Vodka Revolution, which is in a lovely location by the river. I had some Strawberry Woo Woos but forgot to take a picture, that isn't like me at all! Revolution has bars all over the country, and if you go you need to get yourself a Revs card. So, how it works is you pay £4 for your card which gets you 2-4-1 cocktails all day, 25% discount on food, deals on pints, pitchers, shots and more. Oh, and you get a pair of free pants. It is definitely worth getting one if you go regularly or if you are planning to go for a meal and a few drinks. You can save yourself quite a bit of money! Click here to find out more.




As Revolution was SO busy there was an hour wait on food and we were way too hungry for that. We ended up in Banyan Bar & Kitchen which is located on Little Stonegate. The decor is really modern and stylish (the theme was rose gold so of course, I liked it). It is very spacious inside and a comfortable place to eat and drink. For a starter, we shared some Calamari which was so crispy, just how it should be. For my main, I went for the Banyan Burger which was insane. I was absolutely starving after all the shopping and sipping cocktails so, a massive burger was exactly what I needed. I had a gorgeous grapefruit and gin cocktail but I can't remember what it was called! It was 2-4-1 though!



After walking around the city a little more we ended up in the cosiest little bar called Vj's. I had a Rhubarb G&T, AMAZE. 

I absolutely love going to York. It has SO many bars (I think it is 365?). Some of which are modern, stylish and all about the cocktails, while others are just so cosy and chilled. The streets are so cute and it has a good selection of shops! I can't wait to go back in December when the Christmas markets are on!

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May X



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS