Cyprus 2017

10 August 2017

It feels so good to be back at my computer, writing blog posts again. I have been so on and off with my blog due to getting through my A Levels, it basically took up all my life since about April! But now I have finished my exams, I am back from a very relaxing holiday and I am ready to get back to blogging. So, get ready for a very long post with lots of photos!

I have recently got back from the most chilled out 10 days in Northern Cyprus. It was exactly what I needed after the stress of A Levels completely wiped me out. Northern Cyprus is basically my perfect holiday destination as you are guaranteed 35 degrees+ heat every day, it is not too tourist orientated, there are beautiful beaches and the food is AMAZING to say the least.

I'm going to start with my favourite day of the holiday which was when we hired a boat and sailed around the coast of Northern Cyprus. It was so relaxing and we got the chance to see some amazing views and have fun jumping off the top deck into the warm Mediterranean sea!



I spent most of the day sunbathing on the top deck while drinking wine (so basically two of my favourite things) while taking in all of the gorgeous views.


We also had some incredible food on the boat. We barbecued fresh seabass and tucked in to lots of delicious traditional meze dishes.


I loved the boat trip so much as it was incredibly relaxing and chilled. It was also very exciting that we had this huge boat to ourselves! I aspire to live like this everyday.



Bikini - Calvin Klien 
Sunglasses - TopShop
Hoops - NewLook

Now, lets talk about the villa. Oh my god, this villa was stunning. It was the perfect holiday home as it was modern, spacious and had the most amazing pool with an insane view. George and I were lucky enough to have the main bedroom with that gorgeous big balcony (pictured below) which overlooked Kyrenia and the coast. It was so nice to be able to wake up every day and step straight out onto the balcony and chill. 


The pool area was also perfect for chilling out and catching rays (and tanning on an inflatable unicorn). I was by the pool, soaking up the 30C heat as early as 6:30am! I was so determined to make the most of the stunning pool area and the heat that there wasn't a morning that I slept past 7:30am! 



Bikini - River Island
Flipflops - Havaianas




I could easily live in this villa and in this location permanently. I just didn't want to go home! Having the luxury of a private villa and pool was just so relaxing as you didn't have to worry about anyone else. It was the perfect time to zone out of everyday life and get away from everything.

Pictured bellow are two of my favourite night time outfits which I wore on holiday. Number one has got to be these floaty white trousers from French Connection. I feel like the only time I will ever be able to pull these off is on holiday when I have a tan. I have been waiting to wear these trousers for so long, as I got them last year! I paired them with this little embroidered bralet from River Island. This top is so comfy and it is just one of those tops which will go with anything. I wore my black and silver heeled sandals from TopShop and used my Mulberry clutch.


The next outfit I loved was the one I wore on the first night. I adore this little blouse from River Island. It has a black, cotton crop top underneath and then a mesh overlay with embroidered sequin flowers on. It also had a cute flared hem. This top is definitely very me. I wore this with a white denim skirt which is from TopShop. The skirt has embroidered pink flowers on (I am spotting an embroidery theme in this post) which are so summery. The pink flowers on the skirt match the ones on the top perfectly! (I couldn't find the skirt on the website but here are some white shorts with the same embroidery). I then wore my black lace up sandals from Kurt Geiger which I got years ago but they are still going strong.


Now I definitely wanna talk about the food, wow. 


I was in seafood heaven. My favourite kind of food. On the first day me and George went out for lunch and I spied octopus on the menu and I immediately knew what I was ordering. Octopus is hands down one of my favourite seafoods, and I only ever get to eat it on holiday! So, it is safe to day I thoroughly enjoyed this meal.


I also consumed a lot of seafood linguine and pizza. The seafood pasta dishes were just packed with so many different types of seafood and there was SO much of it. It was so much better than the seafood pastas I have had in the UK where you get about 3 prawns and a few mussels. The pizzas were also incredible because they were SO cheesy. They weren't greasy and the dough wasn't to thick, just perfect cheesy goodness.

Speaking of cheese, I ate my body weight in halloumi. Halloumi is a food from the gods, enough said. Halloumi salad, halloumi pittas, halloumi kebabs, just halloumi on a plate... You name it, if it had halloumi involved then I ate it. 



Finally, I can't finish this post without mentioning the views and the sites. Pictured below is Kyrenia harbour, which was about 15 minutes from our villa. It was packed with boats of all sizes and it was lined with tones of restaurants. You can also see Kyrenia castle in the first photo. George wanted me to climb to the top of the castle with him but there was no way that was possible in the heat!



We also travelled to the Karpass peninsula. This is a gorgeous cove with white sand and clear waters. On the drive up we were stopped by donkeys who stuck their heads in the car windows! Thankfully, we had carrots to feed them and they let us be on our way. The beach was stunning. I am not really a beach person, as I don't like sand and I'm not a fan of the sea, so usually I avoid them. However, I loved this one! It was quiet and so gorgeous. I could happily swim in that sea everyday.



Bali Body helped me a lot with my tan this summer! The Cacao tanning oil is my fave.


So, I had the most amazing, relaxing time in Northern Cyprus. I would 100% go back in a flash. I would recommend this holiday destination to anyone, especially if you love the heat. I have had major holiday blues while writing this post, I need to get on a plane and get some more sun! I want to say a huge thank you to George's parents for organising this brilliant holiday and kindly inviting me to come along! 

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS