Sunday Roast - The Fox Hole

14 August 2017

We all love a good Sunday roast mmm... However, I am definitely one of those people who usually sticks to having Sunday dinners in the winter/autumn months (I don't know why). BUT, after 10 days of amazing food in Cyprus I just needed some good home comfort food.

We headed to The Fox Hole in Piercebridge the day after getting home from our holiday. It was George's birthday, so what better birthday meal can you get than a big Sunday dinner?

The decor inside The Fox Hole is basically how I want my kitchen to look when I get a house. It was all dark grey, rose gold and fancy wine glasses. The restaurant was bright and open with big patio doors leading to a beer garden.

For my starter I had the poached salmon salad, which tasted so fresh. It had all the greens and all the goodness. It was also the perfect sized starter so that I had plently of room left to indulge Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes.


The roast was served on a huge platter so everyone could just dive in and grab. It included three portions of meat for everyone, which were chicken, pork and beef. The beef was cooked perfectly so it was still pink in the middle and wasn't tough. The platter was then packed with roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings - yum.


The veg was also amazing and cooked perfectly. There was a bowl of greens which contained broccoli, green beans and mangetout. Then there was red cabbage and a turnip and sweet potato mash. So, there were plenty of options!


As it was George's birthday the kitchen had made him a cake. This cake was possibly the best birthday cake I've ever tasted. It was chocolate and mint flavour with chunks of cinder toffee and meringue on top. It had a layer of chocolate icing which was then covered in white chocolate - omg.


I will definitely be going back to The Fox Hole for Sunday dinner and I also really want to try their normal evening menu. The food was perfect and exactly what we needed to welcome us back to England. 

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS