Beau Belle Makeup Brushes

26 January 2017

My makeup brushes were starting to look a little worse for wear, it was clear that they had seen better days even after washing! So, it was time to invest in some new ones. I opted to give the Beau Belle brushes a go, which I have seen all over blogs and Instagram lately. I have the Limited edition rose gold collection.


First of all I love the design of these brushes. The rose gold colour is amazing and I love how they are pointed at the bottom. They are very similar to the design of the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes, which I also really like. They also have an indent on the handle so they are easy to hold and use. As the handles of the brushes are so long they are really easy to control. The limited edition collection comes with a white leather cylinder travel case, which is always useful to have. They look gorgeous standing on my dressing table and they go with the copper theme I have going on in my room at the moment! I love brushes that have a gorgeous design so that you can display them.

The bristles on the brushes are very soft and when applying makeup, it doesn't seem to seep into the brushes. A lot of product comes off from the brush which means it isn't being wasted. The brushes apply the makeup evenly as they are so easy to blend. It doesn't feel like you are moving the product around your face when you are blending, it just buffs the product into the skin.


I have been loving the flat foundation brush recently. I drifted away from flat foundation brushes a while ago and I don't know why! I always alternated between a beauty blender and the Nanshy Angled Airbrush to apply my foundation. I have really been enjoying this flat brush and it applies the foundation smoothly and it has a large surface area so it is fairly easy and quick to use. I then blend the foundation in with a beauty blender to ensure there are no harsh lines. The angled contour brush is another one of my favourites as it can be moved perfectly in the hollow of your cheek to create that contoured shadow.

The eyeshadow brushes are also great, the blending brush is so fluffy and soft. It blends the pigments smoothly without leaving any harsh lines. What I like about this blending brush is that you hardly have to apply any pressure when blending as it is so soft and the bristles seem to catch all of the pigment.

The powder brush is literally the softest brush I have ever felt. It is also a really good size, it is neither to big or small! I use this to apply my trusty YSL bronzer and it goes on so well! The bristles are very fine which means it does not collect too much product, therefore does not transfer the product onto your skin to create that awful 'muddy' bronzed look that we all avoid.

When I was testing out these brushes I used them for a week and then washed them, as I wanted to see how well they cleaned. I use hot water and makeup brush cleanser to wash my brushes and then a swirl them around on my hand to get the product off, and this seems to work every time. However, the Beau Belle brushes did seem a little harder to clean, especially the ones with white bristles. But it all came off eventually and they were as good and as soft as new. You just have to remember to be gentle with the bristles, even when it seems like the product won't come off.


I hope you enjoyed this little review!

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS