Mini Makeup Collection: Bronze, Highlight & Contour

22 May 2016

I have wanted to do a make up collection post for a while now and people always ask me what products I have and use on a daily basis. As it is too much to put ever make up product I own in one post, I am going to split it up into these Mini Makeup Collections. I am going to talk about which products I use the most and which ones I kind of regret buying. Today I am going to share with you my bronzers and highlighters!


Benefit Hoola 
This is one of the most popular bronzers out there. It is a staple for any make up kit and you really can't go wrong with it! This bronzer is matte and works well for contour and bronzing up your face to give yourself a bit of an enhanced tan. I would say that Hoola is a great first bronzer if you are wanting to build up a make up collection and are beginning to venture into higher end make up. Benefit have just brought out a liquid Hoola and also Hoola Zero Tanlines body bronzer! They look amazing, the bottle lid of the body bronzer is actually a hoola skirt! I am desperate to try them so they are definitely on my list. But if you have not got Hoola in your make up collection yet, you need it!


Nars Laguna 
Laguna is another very popular bronzer. It is a bronze powder with a golden shimmer, so it gives your skin a really healthy looking glow. I love using this bronzer in the summer as it is warm toned and makes my face look even more tanned. I like that the shimmer is subtle and not too sparkly. I prefer to use Laguna on the points of my face that the sun would naturally hit, so my forehead, nose, etc. Laguna works best for me to give skin a tanned glow rather than using it as a contour powder.

Nars Miss Liberty Highlight
This highlighter is also in the same palette as Laguna, it is the pale peach shimmery pan in the top right hand corner. Another amazing highlight, it is so pretty and I love using it around spring. I also really like to use this one as an eyeshadow sometimes.

YSL Terre Saharienne Bronzer
I love this bronzer! It is one of them products that you buy once and then can no longer live without. It is incredible. I use it to bronze up my whole face to give me more of a glow, as I hate looking pale! It also has a slight shimmer, which I love. It is also really compact so is easy to carry with me in my bag.



Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit
This product is one of my everyday, go to products. I love how buildable the creams are. For an everyday look I only apply a small amount and blend it well, where as on a night I build it up and make my contour look a lot sharper and cut. They are so easy to blend and work with. I find it applies best with my finger and then I blend it with a beauty blender.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Kit
Another go to product, as you can tell by the photo it is very well used! I apply these contour colours over my cream contour to set it and also make it look more defined. I also sometimes use this on its own if I am in a hurry and don't have time to use the cream contour. It also has a really nice shimmery highlight shade! I love the banana highlighter in this kit, I use it to set my concealer under my eyes and the places I have used the banana cream highlight. I really need to restock on this one!


Sleek Contour Kit
This is such a good drugstore bronzer! I like to carry this one around with my in my bag as it is really compact so doesn't take much room. It also has a highlighter which is really pigmented and has a lovely shimmer. I don't use it very often as I prefer other products, but I can't say I regret buying it as for the price it is great value.

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish - Medium Dark
This is one of my go to products. I always carry it with me as it is so handy! I use it to bronze up my whole face and it has a really nice glow do it. When I am on holiday and have a natural tan I don't like to use foundation as it covers up the real tan I have spent all year waiting for! So I just brush this all over my face for a little coverage. I need to purchase another one as it is running out fast!

Sun Kissed Cherimoya Bronzer
My auntie sent me this bronzer over from America and I had never heard of the brand before so I was excited to try it! I have been using it for the past couple of weeks and it turns out that I really like it! I use it mostly on the places that the sun would naturally hit and it just makes me look so much more tanned and healthy. It also smells amazing, which you never really normally get with make up!


Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit - Gleam
This is probably my favourite make up product I have bought this year. I cannot praise it enough! The highlighters are so so pigmented, definitely the most pigmented highlighter I own. You only need a tiny amount on your brush when applying, meaning that the product will last a while. They are also very long wearing, at the end of the day they are still really shimmery. Every time I get a compliment on my highlight that I'm wearing, it is this one. I love using the golden shade Mimosa when I have a tan, I can tell this one will be used the most throughout summer! All the shades work with different make up looks. I just love this product so much, can you tell?

Nars Duel Intensity - Craving
This is such a handy product, as you have a cheek highlighting shade and a bronze highlighting shade. The pigmentation is very good and they also last all day on my face. When using this product I spray some MAC Fix Plus on my brush first and the product goes on seamlessly. I like wearing this highlighter on its own when I'm having a day where I wear hardly any make up and probably only do my eyebrows and apply some lipstick. It makes your skin glow and the bronze shade enhances a tan really well if applied lightly to the forehead and hollows of your cheeks, and the places where the sun would naturally hit.

Guerlain - Perles D'or
This is such a gorgeous product. It is a pot of illuminating powder pearls that you swirl your brush in and apply. There is a mixture of white, gold, pink and lilac pearls that all blend together when applied. I was originally drawn in by the packaging of this product when I bought it as it is really pretty and I like that it is metal so it does not get damaged as easily as the cardboard palettes. The product itself is not very pigmented and is not my favourite and I do regret buying it as it is quite pricey. But, it is lovely for if you want just a light dusting of shimmer on your cheeks.

Thank you for reading,
Georgia May X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS