This weeks top buys!

16 November 2014

Lately I have been on the hunt for some new products to try. I also got my hands on Sali Hughes' book Pretty Honest. Now, lets get straight to it.

I was in desperate need of some new skin care! So I decided to give Clinique's 3 step kit a go. I am skin type 3 as I get quite oily in the T zone but my skin is fairly normal everywhere else. It includes a face soap, purifying cleanser and a moisturizing gel. Firstly you wash your face in warm water with the soap. I then washed the soap with cold water as the myth is that warm water opens your pores and cold water closes them! Then you move on the the cleaner, using a cotton ball or cotton pad wipe the cleanser all over your face and throat to remove any leftover dirt and oils. I found that you only need a tiny bit of the liquid on the cotton pad to do the trick. Finally the moisturizer, now I think that the amount of moisturizer you get is too little compared to the size of the other products in the pack. Maybe it is just me but I feel like i am going to run out of the moisturizer when I am only half way through the cleanser. So I only apply the moisturizer to my T zone where my skin tends to get oily and then I use my normal face cream on the rest of my face. 

I also made the decision to stop using foundation this week. As I realised that I do not really have any reason to use it as I am lucky enough to not get many spots (touch wood). So really I was just covering up nothing and it was a waste and also damaging my skin. So I gave Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer a go. It is so smooth on the skin and feels very light as if I am not wearing anything at all! It gives the skin a nice glow. It looks so natural and is a great healthy base for make up. If you are a foundation wearer you can use tinted moisturizer on days where you may want to give your skin a breather or maybe want a more natural look but also want to look better. I have opted for the oil free formula as as I have previously mentioned my skin gets oily, but if you do not have oily skin then Laura Mercier do make a normal tinted moisturizer. I have tried many tinted moisturizers and BB creams in the past and this one is hands down the best! I strongly recommend! 


While I was paying for my tinted moisturizer this beautiful berry toned lipstick caught my eye and I could not resist wanting to try it out! It is an original by NARS and is named 'Afghan red'. It is such a lovely colour and really suits this time of year. It feels very moisturizing on my lips which is a bonus as some lipsticks tend to dry lips out and go flakey. I have used it quite a lot since I have bought it and I am loving it. Worth a try! 

Finally, I ordered Pretty Honest earlier this week, the beauty companion by Sali Hughes. I must admit that I just can't put it down! I have learnt so much, from how to look good in photos to how to handle them annoyingly rude counter staff that convince us that we need 'warming up' and that we need to buy 2 more products in order for the original one we want to work properly. The book includes her recommendations on the best products and the reasons why, how to know your skin type and convincing us that there is no shame in applying a bit of make up in public. My eyes really have been opened by this book and it has made me confident to reapply my lipstick where I please and say no to intimidating department store staff. So if you feel like you need a confidence boost, some tips on beauty and want to know the things you should be buying and the things that you are just wasting money on then give this book a read. 

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of Pretty Honest? I would love to know! Send me a message or tweet me @georgiamayblogs

Thank you for reading 
Georgia May x 

5 comments:

  1. That lipstick looks amazing!!
    Loving your blog and I'm also from the lovely north east!
    beauty-lane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is so nice! And thank you so much, I'll check your blog out too:) north east is the best place right!?

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you! I've just started so there isn't much to see! Its not bad, I just wish it was a little sunnier sometimes! x

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the three step clinique skin care!! It's the only thing that actually helps my skin! Also the lipstick is a gorgeous shade :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to see the results as it is so highly recommended :) xxxx

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS