How to get in the festive mood

8 November 2014

Halloween and bonfire night are over, which means it is acceptable to begin getting excited for Christmas. It is time to start feeling christmassy! I love this time of year because there are so many festive goodies to get your hands on, from lush bath melts to Starbucks gingerbread lattes. So I am going to share with you how I plan to get in the christmas spirit early this year!



LUSH
Now we have to start with LUSH. I spend all year getting excited for LUSH to bring out their christmas collection as they just smell of christmas and happiness! I picked up (from top to bottom in picture) Holly Go Lightly (bubble bar), Snow Angel (bath melt) and Melting Snowman (bath melt). Melting Snowman has a cocoa butter sent which is a smell I assosiate with relaxing. This bath melt also does not have any glitter so I won't need to clean the bath afterwards! With this bath melt you simply drop it into the bath and is will make the water creamy and will moisturize your skin. I plan to use this one after coming from the football match when I will be freezing cold! If you want something that smells of pure christmas time then Holly Go Lightly bubble bar is for you. It has a christmas-spice sent and is covered in glitter. They could not have made a more festive product if they tried! You crumble this one under the tap and it will create bubbles. Snow Angel is another cocoa butter bath melt, but this one has glitter on (great, more bath cleaning). What convinced me to buy this one was its claim to "dissolve into a shimmering blanket of snow" and "release a magical christmas scene". Now who doesn't want a magical christmas scene in their bath!? So I can't wait to use this one!

NAILS
I have chosen 'The thrill of brazil' by OPI for this post as it is one of my all time favourite shades and even though it is not in a christmas collection, I still think that the bright electric red colour is very festive. I also think glitter nail varnish is fun for this time of year, however it is not at all fun to remove!

THE CHRISTMAS ISSUE
I am signed up to many seasonal fashion guides and the Christmas ones are always my favourite! So sign yourself up to a few and relax with a hot chocolate and have a read. You get to know what this seasons must haves are and get in the cosy christmas spirit while doing so. A win win!

CANDLES
I love candles, especially at this time of year. I often opt for yankee candles, however unless I absolutely love a scent I always buy the small sampler ones (like in the photo) or the small jars as I like to mix up my rooms scent and get bored of the same one quite quickly! I have gone for Black Cherry for this time of year as I think it is a good representation of the change from Autumn to Winter. I think my next one is going to be Mistletoe! Having your house or bedroom smelling of christmas is a good place to start when trying to get into the festive spirit.

LIPS
Red is always a good colour for christmas obviously! So I am going to suggest Ruby Woo (matte) and Damn Glamorous (matte), both by MAC. Ruby Woo is one of my favourites out of all my red lipsticks. It really is stunning with a simple cat eye. Damn Glamorous has more of a pinky tone to it and I find that it goes really will with the Lipglass Viva La Glam Rihanna.  I think it is important to have Matte lipsticks at this time of year as it is party season and you don't want to have the trouble of reapplying every 10 minutes. If you want to add a bit off glitter and shine to the matte lips I suggest Lipglass Viva glam Rihanna. This is such a lovely pinky read glitter gloss which is sure to sparkle! Perfect for any christmassy occasion.

So I hope this gives you some ideas on how to get into that christmas spirit! Tweet me and let me know about some of your favourite christmas products @georgiamayblogs

Georgia May x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! It's definitely acceptable to be getting into the Christmas Spirit a little bit now and this post is really inspiring. I love all of the red, gold/silver and glitter that this time of year brings! And the Lush seasonal collections are always amazing :)

    Miss Beauty Saver / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, Lush get it right every year with their christmas collections!

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS