Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation Review

12 February 2018

Since October I have been completely and utterly obsessed with the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation. I mentioned it back in my November favourites but I still feel like this foundation needs its own post.



I am now onto my fourth bottle of this stuff and I can't get enough of it. Usually, I switch between foundations every few months as I get bored and want to try something new, or I decide to go back to an old favourite. But, I am still in love with this one and using it religiously.

I used to swap between the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and the Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation. I can still say, hand on heart, that these are some of the best foundations out there and I would always recommend them. However, there are a few things about the Fenty Beauty foundation that make me just a bit more in love with it than the others. So, I have come up with a lil list of things that make this foundation a must have.



Long-wearing
I think this is one of the most important aspects about a foundation. No one wants their foundation to slide across their face during the day. I don't use a primer with this foundation and still, it stays put all day/night. I think this is due to its matte formula, as it looks exactly the same when I get home as it did when I left the house. This is a godsend as there is no worry throughout the day that my foundation has gone shiny or patchy.

Formula
I am so impressed with the formula of this foundation. It applies like a dream. It is the perfect consistency to give your skin that smooth, no shine finish. The formula is oil-free, which is perfect for me because my skin can get a bit oily in the t-zone. Even though it is a matte foundation it is one of the lightest formula's I have tried. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the skin at all! This is so important as a cakey formula can put me off a foundation straight away, there is literally nothing worse.

Price
As I mentioned earlier, my holy grail foundations were the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk one and the Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation. Both of these foundations have quite a hefty price tag, especially the Giorgio Armani one which left a £42 shaped hole in my purse every time I needed to restock (I may be wrong but I'm SURE it cost £36 when I first started using it a few years ago?). The Fenty Beauty foundation costs £26. Yep, £26. It is still more expensive than a drugstore foundation but oh my god, it is MUCH cheaper than most high-end end foundations! So, it kills my bank account a little less when I need to repurchase.

I literally cannot recommend this foundation enough. There are 40 shades to choose from, therefore there is a shade for everyone. If you haven't already tried this foundation, and you are looking for something that is light, medium-full coverage and extremely long-wearing then you definitely need to give this foundation a try.  As I said back in my November Favourites post, this foundation makes my skin look exactly how I want it to look, and that is the best way I can describe it.

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May X


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS