Autumn Make Up

18 September 2015

September is the month where I count down the days until my birthday. So summer ending isn't too painful. Autumn is my favourite season when it comes to make up/beauty as it's the time for dark eyes, cranberry shades, stocking up on bath bombs from Lush and yes, I am guilty of lighting my first christmas candle already. Anyway, heres my first make up look of Autumn...


Face
Foundation - MAC Studio Fix NW25
Concealer - Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - Custard and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer -NC25
Bronzer - Benefit Hoola
Contour - Sleek Face Contour kit (the darker shade)
Blush - Nars Sex Fantasy
Highlight - Guerlain Meteorites light-revealing pearls of powder
Powder - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Medium dark
Lips - MAC Taupe lipstick, MAC Mahogany lipliner

As I was going out I wanted a base that would obviously last all night without going patchy or shiny so I stuck with MAC products. I used the last of my Studio Fix foundation (I really need to buy a new bottle) and then set it with the MSF pressed powder, I have found that this combination works really well for my quite oily skin so I have been using it for the past few months. To contour I highlighted under my eyes in upside down triangle shapes, down my nose, on my chin and a across my forehead with the Pro longwear concealer, then blended it using a Beauty Blender. I then used the dark shade from the Sleek contour kit (an oldie but a goodie) on my cheek bones, jaw and the top of my forehead. I did this with the Nanshy Blush and Bronze brush then blended it out.

I used the Guerlian pearls of powder to highlight my cheek bones and I forgot how much I love this product. The packaging is so pretty and inside are little pearl like balls that smell of palma violets! Quite an expensive buy but everything about it is just too pretty. It shimmers when your cheek bones catch the light and it looks so radiant.

Eyes


Brows - ABH Dip Brow Pomade - Medium Brown
Eyeshadows - MAC: Mythology (shimmery copper), Tan pigment (rose gold), Swiss Chocolate (hazel brown), Embark (dark brown with red undertones)
Vice 3 palette: Sonic (shimmery cranberry)
Eyeliner - Benefit They're Real Liner
Waterline - Estee Lauder Pure Colour Intense Kajal eyeliner
Lashes - Red Cherry Whispies
Mascarra - Urban Decay Perversion


Using a MAC 217 brush I blended the shade Swiss Chocolate into my crease and brought it half way across my lid and used this as my transition shade. I then applied the shade Embark into the crease and focused it into the outer corner. Then using my index finder I applied the Tan pigment on the inner half of my eyelid, starting at the inner corner. I made sure I kept packing the pigment on and making the colour really intense. I then blended this out along my crease. Next I used Mythology (which is the eyeshadow that so many people have asked me about and I could never remember the name!) on the outer part of my lid and blended it together with Tan. Finally I applied the shade Sonic, which is probably my favourite eyeshadow ever, into my crease and all the way along to the inner corner and blended it. I focused it mainly in the outer corner on top of Embark.

I decided to just go with a thin line of eyeliner instead of a wing as I wanted the eyeshadow and the lashes to be the main focus. I am obsessed with the Red Cherry Lashes, especially the Whispies! They are so much easier to apply than the Eylure lashes and they are cheaper too, definitely a win win.


As usual I'm using the ABH Dip Brow, I really like how it looks when it is on and you can basically do anything with your brows. However the only negative point I would say about the product is that it dries out really quickly! At first when I got it, it was so smooth in the pot and easy to just get a small amount on your brush. But now it is dry and clumpy, which makes it quite difficult to only get a tiny bit on your brush at a time. If you put too much on your brush when applying it then you will look like you've gone over your eyebrow with a marker pen. I can still manage to use it, it is just slightly more difficult when it dries up. I might try the Brow Wiz or the Powder duo next.

I am so happy with how this turned out in the end! One of my favourite make up looks so far. Although I think it is time to bring out the dark plum lipsticks now that it is autumn!

Thank you for reading
Georgia May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS