Summer Make Up Favourites

28 August 2015

There is only one more week of summer left and I am having serious holiday/festival blues being back in the north east. There has been a few products that I have been using religiously this summer that I want to write about...



Benefit Hoola
Over the summer I have gone back to my Hoola bronzer after neglecting it for a while and I now remember why I was so obsessed with it to start with. Hoola is a matte bronzing powder that is so simple and easy to use for contouring or just adding a bit of a tan to your face. It is one of Benefit's many box powders, which I love. I have hit pan on mine so as I am writing this I paused to add it back onto my make up shopping list. I LOVE it, you just can't go wrong.

MAC Mineralize Skin finish - Medium/dark
When I was on holiday I got a tan which meant I could no longer use my foundation as it was too light for my skin. I looked like I had a tanned body and a white face, which is NEVER a good look. I began just using my MSF powder, which I normally just use as a bronzer, all over my face and I really liked how it made my skin look. It prevented my skin from getting really oily and looked so natural.


Benefit High Beam
Now who doesn't love a good highlight? Especially in the summer. High beam is my favourite highlighter all year round really, not just in summer. It is so easy to apply and once blended in it gives the most gorgeous shimmer when the light hits it. I use my Nanshy angled air brush to blend it in to my cheek bones and a little under my brows.  

ABH Dipbrow Pomade - Medium brown
Dipbrow pomade by ABH is my obsession when it comes to eyebrows. It is waterproof which is always a good quality when you're abroad as it doesn't smudge when you go in the pool or sweat, meaning you don't have half an eyebrow sliding down your face by lunch time. I have really thick eyebrows anyway so I don't need to use a lot of it, therefore I use it to shape them and add some definition. It is great for extending the end of your brows and defining the arch. Also it is a life saver for filling in any sparse areas. I apply it with the Benefit angled liner brush and then use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the shade ivory to highlight under the eyebrow.



MAC Lipsticks - Taupe and Velvet Teddy
I think every MAC lover has discovered Velvet Teady this summer and I understand why it is so hyped up. I really like these lipsticks as they are both matte finishes and both go with any make up look. These literally are the only lipsticks I have worn while I have been on holiday and at V festival, ahhh I just love them. I have nearly ran out of Taupe so definitely need to repurchase it!

You can still get 10% off make up brushes and tools online at www.Nanshy.com by entering the code ITSGEORGIAMAY at the checkout!
Thank you for reading
Georgia May x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS