Summer Going Out Make Up

1 June 2015

HAPPY JUNE! It is officially the first day of summer and I have another make up post today. It is a long one so get comfy. As it is summer I thought I would try a lighter and sparkly eyeshadow combo and also review a few products that I have been loving lately. Here is how it turned out!

                           

Foundation - MAC Studio Fix NW25
Concealer - Urban Decay Naked Skin in Light Warm and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
Brows - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Medium Brown
Eye Primer - Urban Decay original eye shadow base
Eye shadows - Naked palette, Vice 3 pallete, MAC pigment Tan, MAC paint pot Frozen Violet
Bronzer - Estee Lauder Terre Saharienne
Blush - Nars - Sex Fantasy 
Highlight - Benefit High Beam
Lipstick - MAC Paramount 
Lip Liner - MAC Mahogany
Lashes - Eylure 118
Setting Spray - Urban Decay De-Slick


  • I am extremely happy with how the eyes turned out. Firstly I primed my lids with the eye primer from Urban Decay which really does make a huge difference to eyeshadow; it stays on so much longer without creasing and also shows up much more. 
  • Firstly I took the MAC paint pot in the colour Frozen Violet and blended this into the crease and outer corner of my eye.
  • I then applied the shade Naked from the Naked palette in the crease and outer corner of my lid as the transition shade. 
  • Dipping into the Vice 3 palette next, I used the white shimmery shade, Bobby Dazzle on the inner corner of my eyes and just lightly underneath my brow bone.
  • Again from the Vice 3 palette I applied the shimmery rose gold shade, Last Sin (one of my personal favourites) all over my lid.
  • I then wet my brush lightly and dipped it into the MAC pigment, Tan. I packed this onto the middle of my lid and it created the most beautiful sparkly effect. I am a big fan of the MAC pigments.
  • I took the shade Sonic from Vice 3, which is a rusty pink colour and applied this lightly to the outer corners of my eye and blended it into my crease about half way of my lid.
  • Then to add definition I took the grey/purple shimmery shade, Angel from Vice 3 and applied this to the lower outer corner and blended.
  • On my lower lash line I finished off with the shade Buck from the Naked palette and lightly blended it from the outer corner, half way in.
  • I then used Benefits They're Real Liner (shock) for the cat eye effect.
  • Added some fluttery lashes and then I was good to go!


I am now obsessed with ABH Dip Brow Pomade, if you have not tried it yet then I stress that you give it a go. I wasn't too sure which shade I would be as I have quite dark brows but my hair is ombre blonde on the ends, so I went for Medium Brown and it was a pretty good match considering I did the colour match online!

I have rekindled my love for MAC Studio Fix foundation. When a first purchased it I was in a rush to catch a train back from York and the MAC counter, as always, was extremely busy. I ended up picking a shade that was slightly too dark for me so I can only wear it when I have fake tan on. But as it is now summer, I am hoping (fingers crossed) to get a tan when I go to spain and I wear fake tan a lot anyway. I only apply one small pump as it is so thick and I don't think you need more than one layer. Especially if you are like me and have oily skin; I have found if you layer it too much then there is just more make up to slide about your face throughout the day and it is more noticeable.



I found myself at the Urban Decay counter yet again last week and picked up another bottle of the setting spray De-Slick, which is a life saver if you have oily skin! Also I decided to try the Naked Skin concealer as it has so many good reviews. If you are a regular reader of mine you will know that I am obsessed with the Nars creamy concealer (onto the 4th tube now) so this was a huge step for me. However, I am very impressed with it! It is lightweight and it feels like you have nothing on. I often pair it with my Nars concealer under my eyes and it is like a match made in under eye circle heaven!!

I only have 8 more exams to go so I will be back to blogging full time soon!

Thank You for reading
Georgia May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS