Nars All Day Luminous foundation

14 March 2015

I have been trying out Nars All Day Luminous foundation for a couple of weeks as I got some testers from the counter in John Lewis. I wasn't too keen on it when the women put it on my skin but after using it for 2 weeks, I have grown to love it! So I picked up a full size bottle last weekend.


I am not a big lover of foundations as my experience with them has always never been great. I have favoured tinted moisturizers for a while as they do the trick for me, but I really am impressed with this foundation. Firstly, when I returned to the counter to get the full size the woman remembered me from a few weeks back and even remembered what shade I was. She was extremely friendly and helpful, which I find is very important when it comes to counter staff and I hate being pressured into buying something I do not like. 

You have to shake the foundation bottle well before applying as it separates. The consistency is very light and watery, does not feel heavy at all on the skin. I pump it onto the back of my hand then dot around my face. I blend it out with my fingers as I find as the consistency is so light, a brush tends to soak up the product. After I have evenly applied the foundation with my fingers I use a buffing brush to lightly go over my face and get rid of any harsh lines or finger prints I left. 

Now, I never normally believe what is said on foundation bottles when they claim to "last 24 hours" or "stay put for 48 hour coverage" as it is never true in my experience. Therefore I did not get my hopes up too much when I read that this foundation was called "All Day Luminous". But, oh my goodness, I was so suprised! My foundation looks exactly the same as it did on the morning when I come in on the night. I couldn't believe it. As I have quite oily skin, my make up usually slides around my face, but not this foundation. It stays put and gives off a flawless healthy looking finish all day. WELL DONE NARS.

I absolutely love this foundation as it isn't too thick or full coverage; it looks natural and healthy. So I would highly recommend you head down to a Nars counter and get a tester. Thank you Nars for restoring my faith in foundation.

Thank you for reading
Georgia May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS