Real Techniques Brushes Review

19 October 2014

This review post is all about Real Techniques Brushes which can be found in most highstreet drugstores or supermarkets. Keep reading to find out what I love about these make up brushes.


In the photo (from left to right):
Stippling brush - £11.99
Detailer brush - SET - Core collection 
Foundation brush - £9.99
Pointed foundation brush - SET - Core collection
Buffing brush - SET - Core collection 
Contour brush - SET - Core collection
Miracle complexion sponge - £5.99

I thought I better give these brushes a go about a month ago as my friends all highly recommend them. So I put my MAC brushes away in the draw and went and bought some. Honestly, I am so happy that I did. Why on earth did I spend £27 each on MAC brushes when they are not half as good as these! (MAC, I love you, but sorry these brushes have you beaten). So first I purchased the Core Collection set which was £21.99 and comes with a case. I was instantly impressed! They are so soft on the skin and I found that they applied my make up much more evenly than my MAC Stippling brush, which I use to use for my foundation. I find that I have to use less product with these brushes as the foundation does not stick to the brush, it is applied evenly.

As I loved the brushes so much I went and bought the Stippling brush, Miracle complexion sponge and the foundation brush! I am amazed that these brushes are so affordable as they are unbelievably good for the price. I have seen so many pro make up artists using and rating these brushes over the high end designer make up brushes, so I knew that these must be special!


After applying my foundation with the pointer foundation brush or the stippling brush I use the buffing brush to get rid of any harsh brush lines and it really does make your foundation look flawless! I have found that with a lot of buffing brushes I have tried in the past either soak up the foundation or push it around on my face. But this one is just the right size to perfectly even out foundation. No matter how much of a hurry I am in I never skip this step! Even though the foundation brush is meant for obviously applying foundation, I use it for my concealer under my eyes. As it is angled it lets me get into the gap between my eye and my nose easily. I then use the sponge to blend my concealer into the foundation by gently dabbing it. 

So, I take my hat off to you Real Techniques for creating the perfect make up brushes that apply make up rather than just moving it around the face and soaking it up. As with most brushes I have tried I end up wasting half of my product as it gets soaked up into the brush. I am amazed at how affordable these brushes are and also they are often on 3 for 2 in boots! So I am sorry MAC brushes but I will not be returning to you. My next buy is going to be the Real Techniques Starter Set, which includes a variety of eye shadow brushes, a liner brush and a brow brush.

If you have not got your hands on a Real Techniques brush yet you really should, it will make applying your make up much easier. 

Thank you for reading 
Georgia May x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS