Date Day - Jamie's Italian and Barluga

22 January 2016

My boyfriend and I went for a date last Saturday in Newcastle and we had such a lovely time as always. We went to Jamie's Italian, one of my favourite lunch time restaurants.


Every time I go to Jamie's I get the same meal, the squid and mussel spaghetti nero. It is squid ink spaghetti with octopus, squid, muscles, capers, anchovies and chilli in a white wine and tomato sauce. Mmmmm. It is seriously amazing if you love seafood, like me. George got the Chicken Cacciatorre, but he started eating it before I had chance to take a photo of it haha.


For dessert I got the warm fudge brownie with ice cream and caramel popcorn. I am obsessed with brownies, especially when they come with chocolate sauce and ice cream! It is called 'Epic Brownie' on the menu for a reason I guess. George got the chocolate praline pudding, I couldn't even try it because of my nut allergy! But it looked really nice. Again, he ate it before I could take a photo...

If you are thinking of trying Jamie's Italian, go online and sign up to the Gold Club. You get free tasters before your meal and you get £10 off your bill the first time you go! So it is definitely worth signing up for.


After a long day of shopping we stopped for a few drinks in Barluga before we went home. I thought George deserved a drink after I dragged him around the shops for hours! We arrived at around 6pm and it was extremely busy! Luckily we managed to grab the last table. We were there for a few hours and the atmosphere was fab. We have just booked a table for our Valentines meal, as the food that we watched get brought out looked amazing. I have ate here before a couple of times for lunch and the sandwiches and meat sharing platter is lovely, so I am really excited to try the main meals. As you can see in the photo I got a Links of London treat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS