My bedtime beauty routine

28 October 2014

There is nothing we all love more than getting tucked up into bed after a long tiring day. However, we should always resist the urge to jump straight in under the covers before giving our skin its daily pampering. Especially as the winter months are approaching it is very important to make sure we look after our skin to prevent it from dryness in the cold weather. So I am going to share with you what products I use every night before I get into bed.


Firstly I remove my makeup with Estee Lauder's Gentle eye makeup remover. I apply a small amount of this to a cotton pad and wipe off my make up. I love this remover as it provides a deep cleanse and leaves my skin feeling refreshed.

Next I fill the sink with warm water, give my face a quick rinse and scoop out a little bit of my face scrub Let The Good Times Roll by LUSH. You only need a tiny bit! I put this in the palm of my hand and mix it with some warm water to create a paste and gently massage it into my face to exfoliate my skin. I then wash this off with a damp flannel. Now, this is the best smelling face scrub I have ever used. If you are like me and love the smell of buttery popcorn then this product is for you. It leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and smooth. Well done LUSH!

After my face is clean I apply a few drops of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum straight to my skin and gently massage all over my face. Hands down, I love this product. My skin feels so moisturized and smooth when I wake up on a morning. The serum absorbs quickly into the skin as it is oil free. It is very hydrating which makes my skin even-toned and radiant. It is very important to use a product that hydrates the skin well before bed as it is on a night when our skin loses most of its moisture and becomes dehydrated as we are not drinking water while we are asleep. However, I can not comment on if this product works for reducing wrinkles and fine lines as I am only 16 and do not have that problem yet! But in my opinion this is a great serum and I never go a night without using it.

I then move on to the Advanced Night Eye Repair serum, again by Estee Lauder. I have previously mentioned in other posts that I get dark circles under my eyes that I absolutely hate! I find that since using this product and drinking a lot of water that they have been reduced. It hydrates the skin around the eyes very well and sinks in fast. One of my all time favourite products by Estee Lauder.

Now that my face has been seen to, it is important not to forget about making sure the rest of my body is moisturized before i go to sleep. At the moment I really like Dove's Silky nourishing body cream. Mostly because I adore the smell! Basically it does what it says on the tub, which is to make my skin feel silky and nourished. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and well hydrated. Great moisturizer, I highly recommend!

Do you have some bedtime favourites? Let me know!

Thanks for reading
Georgia May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS