I tried Kylie Cosmetics - Eyeshadow

6 February 2019

The hype around Kylie Cosmetics has never died since Kylie Jenner launched her makeup brand back in 2015. I finally got round to trying out some of the products and have been using them for the last 4 months. I am going to be writing a few of these 'I tried Kylie Cosmetics' posts, as there is no way I can fit eyes, lips and highlighter all in one! So, let's start with eyeshadow...

I have been using 2 of the eyeshadow palettes from Kylie Cosmetics. The first one I got was the Birthday 2018 Palette. It consists of a range of 21 metallic, satin and matte pressed powder shadows. Most of the palette is made up of warm browns, pinks and nudes (which is perfect for me) and then there is a bright electric blue, a matte black and metallic gunmetal silver. 

I honestly LOVE using this palette as you can create lots of different looks. This is the palette I would take on a trip away as you basically have every colour you need if you love your pink and warm brown eyeshadow looks, but also want something dramatic for a night time.

My favourite shades:
Pretty (matte neon pink) - OMG. Now this is a look
Mimosa (matte maroon) - perfect for the outer corner to make your eyes more dramatic
21+ (metallic rose pink) - I hit pan on this one pretty quickly... So that says a lot
Tequila Tangerine (matte pale peach/orange) - this one is perfect as a transition shade and also for a simple everyday look
Sangria - (matte mahogany brown) - this one has gorgeous red tones
Sex On the Beach (metallic golden/copper brown) - this goes amazing with Sangria and Mimosa 

The second Kylie palette I have is the Burgundy Extended palette. This is one of the most perfect palettes I've ever found to suit my obsession with pink/brown eyeshadow. It's just full of shimmer and pink - ahhh it's amazing

I got this palette for Christmas and I have been using it non-stop for a month now. Personally, I think this is the perfect selection of shades for if you have brown eyes. All of the shades blend well together and you can create a range of looks from pale and glittery pink, to a more peachy/rose gold shimmer, to deep purple and burgundy. 

My favourite shades: 
Ladybug (matte dusty maroon) - a lovely shade to wear on its own
Burgundy (matte bright red burgundy) - this might be my favourite of the whole palette
Dirty wine (metallic rose gold) - this one goes so well with Ladybug and Burgundy (I often wear these 3 together)
Penny - (matte light red/orange) - subtle and blends well
Bordeaux (matte deep burgundy) - this one is very dramatic and perfect for a night time

So, my verdict on these Kylie Cosmetics palettes is that the colour selection in them is so impressive. The shadows are very pigmented and easy to blend. The mattes and satins are soft and go on smoothly, while the metallic shades are just SO shimmery and really stand out on your eyes. 
I need to invest in more already! The Valentine Collection palette has definitely caught my eye...

Thanks for reading!
Georgia X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS