January Favourites 2016!

11 February 2016

How is the first month of 2016 over already? Although, I am quite pleased as it means it is one month closer to warmer weather. We need some sun desperately in the North East! I got a lot of new beauty products for christmas and I have been trying it all out over this month and I have found some new favourites.


Lets start with foundation. The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation is the one foundation that I absolutely swear by. I got my second bottle for christmas as I have almost ran out. It basically looks how the name describes - luminous and silky. I have quite oily skin and I have found it hard to find a foundation that lasts all day, but this one definitely does. I wear the shade 5.25, as I always fake tan (which you can read about in my last post). It is also very lightweight and does not appear cakey on the skin. I am in the process of building up my freelance make up kit and I am definitely going to be stocking up on this foundation in every shade!

I have found that the best way to apply my foundation is with a beauty sponge. My favourite is the Nanshy 4 in 1 blending sponge. It expands hugely when damp and is so easy to clean. The tip of the sponge is great for blending over imperfections or in corners and hard to reach areas of the face. It also has a 45 degree angled, rounded, flat shape which I use mainly for stippling. It also means you can hold the sponge in the dented part and keep your fingers clean! The sponge also has a large surface area on the bottom, I use this to apply my foundation. I always make sure the sponge is damp before I use it as it expands and also does not take up as much product.


For Christmas one of my friends got me the Charlotte Tilbury Nocturnal Cat Eyes To Hypnotise eyeshadow and eye pencil set. I love how pigmented the eyeshadow is! The eyeshadow is in the shade Silver Leopard, it is a glittery, gunmetal grey shade. It has a metallic effect which is so pretty and perfect for a night out. I have found that the best way to apply this is to just dab it onto my lid with my finger. This way I can get an intense effect as the product is so pigmented. I then blend it out with a MAC 217 brush.

I also got the Anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour kit for Christmas and it is now my favourite way to contour! The creams are so easy to blend and look really natural. However, it needs to be applied correctly as your face can just look dirty if it is not applied or blended in the right areas. I apply the contour shades to the hollows of my cheeks, my jaw line, around my forehead where the sun would naturally hit and a little down the sides of my nose. For the highlighting shades I apply this in the middle of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, my shin, cupids bow and in upside down triangle shapes under my eyes. I like how this product is easy to build up, you can apply a small amount and blend well for a more understated, natural contour or build it up to be more defined.

The Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner has featured in my last make up look which you can find here. I really like this eyeliner as the liquid is so smooth to apply and it has a long lasting matte finish. The thin brush makes it easy to achieve a clean, sharp flick. The brush is also very easy to control as it is short. I love applying this product as it is so easy and satisfying to create the perfect winged liner.

Finally my favourite perfume at the moment is Decadence by Marc Jacobs, which I got as a gift from my boyfriend (He did well!). It has a light, floral sent but also has a woody smell. It reminds me a little of my favourite Jo Malone perfume, Wood Sage and Sea Salt. Overall I would describe it as a really refreshing scent. The staying power of the perfume is great as I can still smell it at the end of my day. The bottle also looks amazing on my dressing table!

So there are my January favourites, I hope you enjoyed this post!

To get a discount on Nanshy Make Up Brushes and Tools enter my code ITSGEORGIAMAY at the checkout! 

Thank you for reading,
Georgia May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS